Friday, December 16, 2011

what I learned this semester

I learned many things in the English 1B class.I learned to read every thing critically.It is the most

important effect of this class.I also learned a lot of vocabulary.Each time that I wanted to write,

I had look many words up in my dictionary.another thing that I learned in this class is that how to

write an essay and how I can write a quote. I learned that  as long as I introduce the quote and

explain why it matters, I can write quotes, but without introducing and analyzing quotes should

not be written.And the last and most important thing that I learned in this class is that when you, as a writer, get a feel about writing ,it comes out , perfectly naturally, and  you don't think you should write, but think you need to write. As Mac says"Speech has a kind of a feel about it. I get the feel, and it comes out, perfectly naturally. I don’t try to do it. I don’t think it could help doing it (In Dubious Battle,148)".Writing ,as an art, without feeling is not writing, it is just doing homework. 

1 comment:

  1. Lovely reflection here! I certainly agree that "the feel" is what really drives good writing. If you are apathetic about your subject, then there is very little point in expressing yourself through writing at all. Of course, as a college instructor, I am hoping students will work hard enough to find something they care about on the topics I select in the class because I think there is something meaningful in the exploration of ideas. I am continually rewarded semester after semester by motivated students who capture "the feel" in their writing each semester. Thinking writers such as yourself are so inspiring! Thanks for sharing your important thoughts this semester.

    ReplyDelete